Xerox Environment, Health, Safety, and Sustainability Governance and Policy
The Xerox Environment, Health, Safety, and Sustainability (EHS&S) organization ensures company-wide adherence to Xerox’s environment, health, safety, and sustainability policy. The governance model we use to accomplish this includes clearly defined goals, a single set of worldwide standards, and an audit process that ensures conformance to these requirements. Our EHS&S governance and policy, adopted in 1991, forms the foundation of our environmental leadership program.
Xerox EHS&S Policy
It is the policy of Xerox Corporation to:
- comply with applicable environment, health and safety laws, rules, regulations and Xerox Standards;
- take appropriate measures to protect the environment and health and safety of our employees, customers, suppliers and neighbors from unacceptable risk;
- take appropriate measures to prevent workplace injuries and illnesses; provide employees with a safe and healthy work environment;
- assess environment, health, and safety impacts before starting a new activity or project;
- comprehend environment, health, and safety impacts in the design and acquisition of products and services;
- eliminate unacceptable risks from facilities, products, services and processes;
- strive for continual improvement of its environmental management system and to conserve natural resources, eliminate the use of toxic and hazardous materials; prevent pollution; recover, reuse and recycle; and
- require suppliers to adhere to applicable environment, health, and safety laws, rules, regulations and Xerox Standards.
To learn more about the Xerox Environment, Health, Safety, and Sustainability governance and our progress toward our commitments, see the Environment, Health, Safety, and Sustainability Governance Xerox Report on Global Citizenship.