Efficient Use of Paper at Xerox
We recognize our obligation to responsibly source paper and enable efficient paper use. Our strategy begins upstream with the fiber source and continues to processing and manufacturing, through use and end-of-life. We utilize a multi-pronged approach through partnerships with our customer and suppliers and other stakeholders, including non-government organizations (NGOs), government agencies and academia. Our long-term goal is to support a sustainable paper cycle and minimize environmental impacts while meeting our customers’ exacting business needs.
Through our partnership with PrintReleaf. Xerox customers have the opportunity to contribute to the reforestation of global forests and reduce their overall sustainability footprint. Based on a theme of “You print one, we’ll plant one,” paper usage reporting is used to equate the number of trees that are reforested into geographic areas of need.
In 2013, Domtar signed an agreement with Xerox for the acquisition of the Xerox paper and media products business in the U.S. and Canada. The deal give Domtar exclusive rights for the marketing and distribution of Xerox brand paper and print media. Read more about Domtar and sustainability. The same year, Xerox’s paper business in Western Europe was sold to Antalis. Read more about Antalis’s sustainability charter.
Xerox maintains the paper business in some countries that are part of Xerox Developing Market Operations. We apply stringent paper sourcing guidelines for companies that provide paper to Xerox for resale. The requirements cover all aspects of papermaking, from forest management to production of finished goods. We supply papers that comply with sustainable forest management standards, including Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC). FSC-certified papers use raw materials from an FSC-certified source, controlled wood sources or post-consumer reclaimed sources.
Efficient Use of Paper
- Xerox equipment and software are designed to help customers to make more efficient, use of paper.
- The “Earth Smart” feature, integrated into the global print driver brings several resource-saving settings together at the single click of a button. These features, such as duplex, n-up, proof print and toner saving modes, make it easier for customers to make responsible printing choices.
- Xerox® Enterprise Print Services customers have access to sophisticated print management and reporting tools, such as Xerox® Print Agent which provides additional methods for encouraging and tracking responsible print behavior.
- Software products such as DocuShare® and FreeFlow® Digital Workflow Collection help Xerox customers reduce paper consumption by facilitating electronic data management, scan-to-e-mail, print-on-demand and distribute-then-print workflows.
Office software solutions ›
Production software solutions ›
- We also are exploring creative ways to engage employees in responsible paper use with Xerox Workplace Solutions and the Xerox Print Awareness Tool. Learn more at managed print services.