We Reduce Energy Use to Protect Our Climate
Industry must do its part to protect our climate. To this end, we reduce our carbon footprint by cutting energy use in our facilities, investing in product designs that conserve energy and lower greenhouse gas emissions, and offering digital multifunction printers and energy-efficient solutions to our customers.
Carbon footprint reduction
- In 2003, we made a public commitment to reduce greenhouse gas(GHG) emissions – our carbon footprint – by joining the U.S. EPA Climate Leaders program and launching Energy Challenge 2012, a 10-year internal initiative to reduce GHG emissions across all company operations 10 percent by 2012.
- At the conclusion of the program, we successfully cut emissions by 42 percent or 210,000 tons of carbon dioxide equivalents (CO2e) while energy consumption was down 31 percent.
- Our new corporate-wide goal is to reduce energy consumption by 20 percent by 2020 – from a 2012 baseline. In 2015 we reduced energy consumption by 12 percent and cut emissions by 20 percent – that’s 65,000 tons of CO2e.
ENERGY STAR Savings
- Each new generation of Xerox products offers more functionality and uses less energy – saving our customers money and reducing their carbon footprint.
Browse Xerox office products ›
Browse Xerox production products ›
- Xerox is a charter partner of the International ENERGY STAR program and has introduced nearly 500 ENERGY STAR qualified products since 1994.
- The annual savings from our ENERGY STAR qualified equipment installed in our customer’s locations is equivalent to lighting one million U.S. homes for a year. Learn more about ENERGY STAR and other Xerox eco label programs.
Multifunction Printers Save Energy
- Xerox multifunction printers reduce the amount of energy used by combining the functions of multiple products into one machine.
- Approximately 50% less energy is used by one multifunction printer than the combined annual consumption of the individual products it replaces. Learn about reducing energy consumption with Xerox products and solutions.
Energy-saving Solutions and Services
- Xerox Managed Print Services help customers become more productive, improve energy efficiency, and reduce material use and related waste by streamlining their print environment and processes.
- Our digital production printing solutions go a long way to reduce the use of chemicals and improve indoor air quality. Ask yourself... how green is your print shop?
Partnering to Reduce the Risk of Climate Change
- Xerox reports to CDP, an investor-led project that encourages companies to disclose risks and opportunities that climate change presents to the business, and greenhouse gas emissions accounting and reduction strategies.
- In 2015, Xerox was awarded a position on the S&P Climate Disclosure Leadership Index (CDLI) for disclosing high quality carbon emissions and energy data through CDP's climate change program.