Northern Ireland Education Authority
The Education Authority is a regional body with responsibility for the provision and delivery of education services in Northern Ireland.
The Authority is a non-departmental public body (NDPB) sponsored by the Department for Education and the Department for the Economy. They are responsible under legislation, to the Department for Education for ensuring that efficient and effective primary and secondary education and educational services are available to meet the needs of children and young people and for ensuring the provision of efficient and effective youth services. They are also legally delegated to administer student finance on behalf of the Department for the Economy.
Key points relating to the contract:
- All 1,145 schools in N. Ireland are eligible to use the EA 70012 contract to procure any photocopiers for the schools and colleges.
- Competitive pricing, all products fit for purpose, wide range of products to suit all requirements.
- Choice of method of acquisition – either 3-year rental, 5-year rental or outright purchase of various products.
- Service costs covered by copy/print charges (sometimes called per click charges) – mono/black only for monochrome devices only. Separate mono and colour charges for all colour devices.
- Dedicated account management and defined escalation procedure.
- Ability to help control costs via configuration settings of devices.
- Xerox equipment has 5 major ConnectKey® attributes:
- Intuitive user experience
- Mobile and cloud ready
- Benchmark security
- Enables next generation of services
- Gateway to new possibilities
- Range of mobile printing options (device dependent).
- Integration - Xerox systems provide easy, seamless integration into the school C2K network environment.
- Environmental considerations - At Xerox, running our business in an environmentally responsible manner is just one way we demonstrate our commitment to sustainability.
- Energy efficiency - One of our primary goals at Xerox is to become carbon neutral, and we know that this is also a goal of many of our customers.
- Security - All Xerox equipment conforms to the latest industry standards for network security (IPSec, SNMPv3, 802.1x, Common Criteria ISO 15408 certification). Features such as image overwrite and encrypted hard disk, help ensure compliance with the new GDPR regulations.
- Simplicity - Helping you keep technology simple. We know that technology changes can be daunting. That’s why Xerox solutions are easy to implement and manage across the entire school / college network.
- Service & support – Xerox are a global brand but have a local focus and customer service infrastructure across N. Ireland.