Xerox® DocuShare® Flex 2.5
What’s New in This Release
- Webforms for Xerox® DocuShare® Flex Content Management Platform – An add-on option that enables presentation of fillable forms within the DocuShare Flex experience. These structured data interfaces support input and presentation of data in workflow processes via web forms with form chaining.
- Connectors for Xerox® DocuShare® Flex Content Management Platform – This add-on option implements a framework for integration of DocuShare® Flex with key line-of-business systems and third-party data repositories, sharing documents and metadata bi-directionally with DocuShare Flex-based content management and workflows. This initial release supports integration with DocuSign®, Intuit QuickBooks™ Online, Box®, and Salesforce.com®. Integrations with additional business systems are planned for future release.
- Accounts Payable Automation for Xerox® DocuShare® Flex Content Management Platform – This add-on is a comprehensive Accounts Payable workflow solution. It comprehends ingestion and recognition of paper and electronic workflows, routing and approval with delegation, three-way matching, payment reconciliation, and external interfaces.
- Xerox® DocuShare® Flex App – An iOS mobile application enabling connection to DocuShare Flex for working with content and workflows, including search, view, task management, approval workflows and basic capture.
- General Enhancements
- Major and Minor Bugfixes
- Known System Limitations
General User Interface Enhancements:
- Configurable Task Work Queues: Support for the creation of task work queues by groups – e.g. tasks related to invoice processing.
- Delegation Support for approval tasks: users can specify time off and the system will automatically re-route approval requests to delegated users as specified.
- Reports for the Accounts Payable Automation for DocuShare Flex solution: Dashboard, charting and table capabilities specifically designed for the new Accounts Payable add-on solution.
Administration Interface Enhancements:
- Introduction of Admin UI clickable interface
- Admin UI Queue Task Counts: To be leveraged for report styling in future product enhancements and add-ons; it is currently used for reporting on the Accounts Payable add-on.
- Admin UI application connection support: Ability to view and link in a 3rd party web service into the DocuShare Flex interface – example: Linking in report views from a 3rd party reporting service.
- Admin UI Autocomplete Fields support for dynamically showing drop-down options for key Metadata / Property fields in DocuShare Flex: Users can specify allowed values for specific properties as drop-down selections to choose from.
- Admin UI for configuration of email notifications: This allows users to receive emails whenever they receive a task.
- Admin UI support options for setting site holiday, work week, and fiscal year schedule: this can be used for reporting in modules such as the Accounts Payable add-on and others that will be provided in the future.
- Admin UI support for adding custom database tables via CSV: These tables are used for auto-complete and auto-fill features.
- Admin UI support for duplicate object titles in the same folder.
- Admin UI for System Exception Logs accessed by Coordinator users via web browser.
General Enhancements Available But Not Viewable in Interface:
- Support for dynamically matching “related documents” using SPARQL: This is used to support matching of documents for processes such as 3-way matching in the Accounts Payable add-on.
- Improved performance for navigation on large sites.
Major Bug Fixes
- Several fixes to the Shrink Wrap feature that prevented saved shrink wraps from being deployed properly on other servers.
- Fixed LDAP sync issues that prevented user login under error conditions.
Known System Limitations
- The initial (October) release of DocuShare Flex 2.5 will be English-only. Localised interfaces will be available in 1Q 2019.
- AR38465 – The number of invoice tasks processed per hour doesn’t honor the user’s time zone [Accounts Payable add-on]. Time zone of client browser is used, ignoring the user’s time zone property setting.
- AR38618 – Weekly and monthly routing reports behave differently than hourly reports. The weekly and monthly reports count the jobs finished outside the working hours, while hourly only shows the jobs finished during the working hours.
- General: Connectors for DocuShare Flex are not intended for high volume / bulk document synchronisation.
- General: Connectors do not support copy/sync of custom class types; folders and documents only.
- Connector for Salesforce.com: SFDC Lightning Essentials Edition is not supported.
- Connector for DocuSign: An API-level subscription to DocuSign is required.
- AR38287: Connector for QuickBooks Online (QBO): Changes to some QBO properties (e.g. Customer Name) are not synced to DocuShare Flex objects unless the document content is also updated on DocuShare Flex.
- AR38291 – Connector for DocuSign: Special characters “&”, “<” and “>” entered in DocuShare Flex Create DocuSign Envelope Pop-up are not displayed correctly in the subject line of DocuSign.
- AR38329: Connector for QuickBooks Online: If an invoice/estimate is deleted from QuickBooks, it is not deleted from DocuShare Flex.
- AR38723: Connector for Box: Changing the name of the Box root folder on Box after Active Connection is established stops sync. This will require the connection in DocuShare Flex to be deleted and re-established.
- AR38724: Connector for DocuSign: Envelopes in the DocuSign deleted folder or purge queue are incorrectly being synced to DocuShare Flex.
- AR38727 – DocuShare Flex Connectors: After a Contributor user adds a connection to a connector destination, the initial sync doesn’t happen automatically. The status remains “Setting up your connector…”
- AR38732: Connector for Box: A DocuShare Flex Folder or Document with the Title property containing a backward or forward slash is not synced to Box.
- AR38741 – Connector for DocuSign: When a Folder name in DocuShare Flex is changed, the change is not reflected to DocuSign’s Envelope Name.
- AR38758: Connector for DocuSign: After an envelope has been sent from DocuSign, the documents in DocuShare Flex are NOT locked as they should be.
- AR38775 – Connector for DocuSign: Attachment is not synced from DocuShare Flex to DocuSign if a user clicks “Continue” in DocuSign before the document sync from Flex to DocuSign is completed.
- AR38776 – DocuShare Flex Connectors: If a Flex folder contains a file type not allowed in DocuSign (e.g. .msg, .tif, .tiff, .xps, .wpd), the Connector status does not change to “Active Connection”. It remains stuck at “Setting up your connector…” however, all the allowed file types do get uploaded to DocuSign. (Workaround: Remove those file types not allowed in DocuSign and the connector status will change to “Active Connection”.) See also AR38777.
- AR38777 – Connector for DocuSign: File types like “.msg, .tif, .tiff, .xps, .wpd ” are allowed in DocuShare Flex but not allowed in DocuSign.
- AR38850: Connector for Salesforce.com: If a synced document is moved from the DocuShare Flex source hierarchy to outside that hierarchy (for connection types to sync files from DocuShare Flex to SFDC), then the corresponding document in Saleforce is not deleted as expected. (AR38978 and 38745) This is also an issue with the Connectors for Box and DocuSign.
- AR38875: The Salesforce Enterprise account that used for testing and development has an API request limit of 16000 per 24 hour period. The default connector polling interval was changed to 10 seconds due to this limitation versus previously 1 second.
- AR38994: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel documents created on Box are not synced to DocuShare Flex.
- AR38997: DocuShare Flex Connectors: If an older version of a synced document is set as the preferred version, no re-ordering of versions will be done in Salesforce or Box as that capability is not supported on those systems.
- AR39250: DocuSign Connector – certificate.pdf generated is not translated.
- AR39313: Webforms Form editor and Rule editor are not fully localised.