Reduce energy use to protect our climateIndustry must do its part to protect our climate. To this end, we reduce our carbon footprint by cutting energy use in our facilities, investing in product designs that conserve energy and lower greenhouse gas emissions, and offering digital multifunction printers and energy-efficient solutions to our customers.
Carbon footprint reduction
- In 2003, we made a public commitment to reduce (GHG) emissions – our carbon footprint – by joining the U.S. EPA Climate Leaders program and launching Energy Challenge 2012, a 10-year internal initiative to reduce GHG emissions across all company operations 10 percent by 2012.
- At the conclusion of the program, we successfully cut emissions by 42 percent or 210,000 tons of carbon dioxide equivalents (CO2e) while energy consumption was down 31 percent. Energy Challenge 2012 included fleet and facilities for the Technology Business (and Xerox Services where co-located).
- Our new corporate-wide goal – encompassing all parts of our business – is to reduce energy consumption by 20 percent by 2020 – from a 2012 baseline. In 2014 we reduced energy consumption by 11 percent and cut emissions by 15 percent.
2016 Third-party GHG verification
- Each new generation of Xerox products offers more functionality and uses less energy – saving our customers money and reducing their carbon footprint.
- Xerox is a charter partner of the International ENERGY STAR program and has introduced nearly 500 ENERGY STAR qualified products since 1994.
- The annual savings from our ENERGY STAR qualified equipment installed in our customers locations is equivalent to lighting one million U.S. homes for a year.
- reduce the amount of energy used by combining the functions of multiple products into one machine.
- Approximately 50% less energy is used by one multifunction printer than the combined annual consumption of the individual products it replaces.
- help customers become more productive, improve energy efficiency, and reduce material use and related waste by streamlining their print environment and processes.
- Our online tool helps customers find opportunities to reduce their environmental impact while reducing costs.
- Our go a long way to reduce the use of chemicals and improve indoor air quality. Ask yourself... ?
- Xerox reports to CDP, an investor led project that encourages companies to disclose risks and opportunities that climate change presents to the business, and greenhouse gas emissions accounting and reduction strategies.
- In 2015, Xerox was awarded a position on the S&P Climate Disclosure Leadership Index (CDLI) for disclosing high quality carbon emissions and energy data through CDP's climate change program.