Xerox® DocuShare® 7.5
What’s New in This Release
- Application Connector is a URL based search that searches for all Documents and Custom Documents for given property through a URL in DocuShare. This has been extended to leverage Collection and Custom Collections in addition to Documents and Custom Documents.
- AutoCreate Folder Content Rule automatically files repetitive documents into a logical collection hierarchy based on document metadata. All the metadata names that are same for the object. The new folders that are created by the tool, will get the property value, from the object to the folders.
- Copy Template — DocuShare supports a copy/paste function in its standard web user interface which adds location and does not create copies of objects. Copy Template copies truly by creating objects, with preservation of permissions and properties, if set in Administration configuration. The Copy Template can be configured as a content rule or through the edit selected menu on the Web UI.
- Document Upload Page is a URL-based generic document upload page. The user will enter all the prompted properties and either select the document to upload from browsing the file system or drag and drop the document on the browser window.
- DocuSign Add-on Connector for DocuShare with three workflows:
- Initiate a signed document and send to DocuShare.
- Initiate a document to be signed at DocuSign and returned to DocuShare.
- Initiate a template for processing at DocuSign for a signed document to be returned to DocuShare.
- Inheritance Content Rule allow documents to inherit property values from the parent collection. If immediate parent collection has empty property value, they inherit the property value from other ancestor collections.
- Multiselect view gives a side by side popup view, over the Collection View page, to view standard or customized document objects and their properties.
User Interface Refresh
- Home Page has new images for a fresher look.
- Logos and icons now use a hi-resolution format that looks good on high and normal resolution screens and devices. There are also new file type icons.
- User Interface refresh provides a more organized and intuitive page with Collection links on the left, Other Links to My DocuShare, Content Rules Management, Workflow Reporting and Lifecycle Manager policies in the center, and Communities and workspaces to the right.
- Admin UI has new control for Enable StackTrace in Administration Menu->Site Management->Site Configuration.
- Admin UI has new control for Display Document Viewer in Administration Menu->Site Management->Site Configuration.
- Admin UI has new control for HTTP Header Content_Security_Policy in Administration Menu->Site Management->Site Configuration.
- Amazon Corretto 11 is a no-cost, multiplatform, production-ready distribution of the Open Java Development Kit (OpenJDK). It comes with long-term support that includes performance enhancements and security fixes.
- Apache Solr for new installations of DocuShare, this replaces Autonomy’s IDOL search and indexing engine within the new DocuShare 7.5. Solr is highly reliable, scalable and fault tolerant, providing distributed indexing, replication and load-balanced querying, automated failover and recovery, centralized configuration and more. Solr powers the search and navigation features of many of the world's largest internet sites.
- Apache Tomcat 9.x implements the Servlet 4.0 and JavaServer Pages 2.3 specifications from the Java Community Process and includes many additional features that make it a useful platform for developing and deploying web applications and web services.
- Aspose is used for PDF conversion on DocuShare without the need for Adobe Acrobat. It allows for multithreading processing, compression, multiple document element support. It is low cost, has great support; and great support translates to an efficient DocuShare system.
- XSLTForms is an open source client-side implementation of XForms, is used to create DocuShare Wiki/Weblogs.
- Add-Ons and applications built or rebuilt for Corretto 11 include:
- Document Viewer
- Lifecycle Manager
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Scan
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- DocuShare Developer Environment (DSDE)
- PrizmDoc has been upgraded to 13.x. This displays a multitude of filetypes in a browser with no additional software needed. This embedded technology renders and displays documents within DocuShare with zero footprint.
- Xerox ConnectKey for DocuShare now has Centos support. CentOS is a free operating system distribution based upon the Linux Kernel.
- Xerox ConnectKey for DocuShare also has TLS 1.2 support for security across internet connections between DocuShare and ConnectKey devices.
- For new Document Viewer installation, PrizmDoc 13.x runs the client and the server on the same box.
- For upgrades with Document Viewer installed, PrizmDoc will continue to run the client on the DocuShare server and the PrizmDoc 12.x on another server.
- For upgrades without Document viewer, PrizmDoc 13.x runs the client and the server on the same box.
- Currently, we do not support running multiple DocuShare instances on a single VM with Solr.
- The Solr engine is started automatically after DocuShare 7.5 Installation (both Linux and Windows). However, if Linux machine is restarted, the Solr engine must be started manually before starting DocuShare.
- Only a new net install will provide the Solr engine. Upgrade from DocuShare 7.0 IDOL Service will retain IDOL engine.
Currently there is no migration/upgrade path to move from IDOL to Solr search engine (KeyView/IDOL to Tika/Solr)
- Current customers who are running on IDOL must remain on IDOL.
- Running IDOL and Tika on the same server will cause conflict in the search functionality.
DocuShare add-ons and features new in the release
- Xerox DocuShare Connector Feature for DocuSign