Parking Management Systems
Making parking less of a pain.
Parking management systems present serious challenges for city governments. Cities incorporating a variety of technologies, products and services from multiple third-party vendors are tasked with the time-consuming challenges associated with managing various vendors. At times, these vendors may have competing incentives or interests. Parking solutions are complex but, for your customers, parking should be simple.
- How do you improve available parking? Parking guidance and multiple payment methods (integration via Merge)
- Can you streamline customer service with convenient payment options such as Web and phone interfaces? In addition to Web and phone payment options, provide public Web portals for RPP application & renewal, citation appeals, street sweeping, and space closure information (via eTIMS)
- How do you maximize revenue from parking enforcement efforts? Improve route design, staffing efficiency (via CitySight and Beat Generator). Improved collections of delinquent citations (via Managed Receivables)
- Can you reduce traffic congestion? Meter pricing recommendations (via Merge)
These questions can be difficult to answer, and we want to help you get the most out of your parking program, whether on-street or off-street. As an integrator, we’re able to combine multiple functions into a single responsibility center for improved performance. We can increase your efficiency and help you answer questions you haven’t even asked yet.
We offer seamless and convenient parking management systems for motorists that result in increased turn-over, decreased congestion and improved productivity of the overall parking program.
- Violation processing: enterprise level or off-the-shelf
- Meter, sensor and off-street revenue collection systems
- Operations powered by Merge™ parking management system
- Managed receivables and collection
Matt Darst, Vice President of Parking and Mobility at Xerox
Matt Darst oversees our industry-leading analytics team to improve customer convenience, increase parking revenue, and promote sustainability. Matt and his team of data scientists support world-class parking systems like LA Express Park, ParkIndy, ParkDC, and many more. His advocacy of advanced analytics—the identification and communication of trends beyond simple reports and dashboards—has led to critical client insights and true data-driven decision-making. The team has implemented innovative “asset lite” solutions for determining parking occupancy, predictive occupancy and compliance algorithms, demand-based pricing, enforcement routing, and computer vision to detect occupancy. Parking data must be used to question assumptions about technologies and policies and to improve returns on investment. Towards that end, Matt and his team employ analytics to address the challenges facing mobility, including solving the first- and last-mile problem, reducing congestion, and improving access. Further, they provide analytical support for Xerox’s groundbreaking Mobility Marketplace apps (Go LA, Go Denver, etc.).
Prior to joining Xerox, Matt was the First Deputy Director of Revenue for the City of Chicago, managing more than 450 personnel. Matt administered revenue-generating initiatives responsible for increasing City revenues from $1.5 billion to $2.2 billion in ten years. He reengineered business processes and implemented a performance management system, increasing boot productivity by 15%, improving enforcement productivity by 5%, and reducing meter repair time by 41%. He deployed new technologies, designed the City’s violation processing system, managed two amnesty programs, and authored legislation to provide hardship payment plans to tens-of–thousands of customers. Matt earned his BA from the University of Illinois and his law degree from DePaul College of Law.
You can arrange an interview or speaker presentation with our transportation thought leaders. To discuss opportunities, contact Carl Langsenkamp, Xerox Public Relations, at 1-585-423-5782 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Us - Transportation
Connect with us ›