First Step Assessment Guide
Customer Communications Discovery Questions
- What departments send customer communications in your organization and what does each send?
- Marketing, Customer service, Finance, Legal, Operations, Other
- What formats are used in your current output and multimedia streams? Such as paper, mail, email, text, phone calls.
- Work back from your customer touch points and walk through high-level process mapping for each. Can you follow each process to its origin? How do you handle exceptions in each process?
- Where are any manual and paper-based steps? How much time do they take?
- What third-party services, systems and tools are involved?
- Do you outsource any of your customer communications work, such as design, production, printing or distribution?
- What tools are in place to measure the effectiveness of your communications? What feedback do you receive from customers about your communications?
- About your digital maturity level: Have you started your digital migration? Are your communications still paper only? Hybrid paper-digital communications environment?
- How does your communications strategy tie in with your organization’s overall business objectives?
- Do you have additional goals for your customer communications such as cross-selling, retention and acquisition?
- How important is customer experience in your organization? How do you measure and improve it as it relates to customer communications?
There’s a lot to think about. Let us share our knowledge and experience to help you figure out the best route to communications excellence for your organization.