Verify Your Xerox Supplies Are 100% Genuine
Counterfeit Xerox toner cartridges are difficult to distinguish from Genuine Xerox toner cartridges. These fakes are a combination of refilled/remanufactured and brand-new third-party cartridges boxed in replicas of Xerox original packaging. Unlike Xerox, counterfeiters have no regard for the quality, reliability, or safety concerns that bogus cartridges pose.
Three Ways to Verify Authenticity
1. Verify online.
Use the Genuine Xerox Supplies Validation Tool and simply enter the 12-digit authentication number found on the silver hologram label.
Xerox affixes a holographic security label with a unique serial number on the outer box of every genuine Xerox supplies item. There are several generations of labels in circulation. The most recent, shown here, has the following security elements:
- Serial number on top of label
- Micro numbering above logo
- Presence of QR barcode
- Barcode at bottom of label
- Kinetic lens effect
2. Inspect the security label.
Look for specific features on the silver security label. There are several generations, but at a minimum:
- All have a unique serial number and barcode printed on every label.
- On earlier labels (not the most current), and depending on the viewing angle, the background changes to read “GENUINE,” “ORIGINAL,” “AUTÊNTICO” or “VÉRITABLE."."
Current and Previous Generation Security Labels
12 Character Code, QR Code Upper Right, Bar Code at Bottom
12 Chatacter Code, Bar Code at Bottom
Beware of Manipulated Authentication Labels!
Label Completely Removed
Number Removed, Label Reused
Number and Barcode Scraped
Codes Partially Removed
3. Contact us for help.
If something just doesn’t seem right, or you’d like to report suspicious activities, please call us at:
- Outside of North America: 0044 (0) 1707 353250
You can also email Brand Protection Investigations or submit the suspicious activity form below.