Xerox Wireless Printers
You can place a wireless printer anywhere that is convenient for you, as long as it has a strong signal between the printer and wireless router. Wireless printers are convenient because they allow you to print from multiple, distributed devices to one easily accessible location. WiFi printers and wireless all-in-one printers enable easy mobile printing from smartphones and tablets, and there are fewer unsightly cords to trip over.
Mobile and Cloud Print
Several Xerox wireless printers — such as Xerox® ConnectKey® technology-enabled AltaLink® and VersaLink® printers and multifunction printers (MFPs) — include many options for mobile and cloud print capabilities:
- Apple® AirPrint™. Simplify printing of emails, photos, and important office documents directly from your Apple device, with no need to install additional software.
- Google® Cloud™ Print. Print via the web from anywhere, including your phone, without needing to download special drivers or software.
- Mopria® Print Service. Makes printing from your Android™ device intuitive and seamless.
- Xerox® Print Service Plug-in for Android™. Enables mobile printing to many Xerox printers and MFPs without the need for third-party apps.
- NFC Tap-to-Pair. Uses near-field communications (NFC) to allow you to tap your mobile device to a wireless printer or MFP to establish a direct connection. Then you can immediately send a document to print, copy or scan, resulting in less waste because you are in direct proximity to the device and can easily retrieve your print job.
- Wi-Fi Direct. Allows two devices (your smartphone and printer, for example) to establish a direct WiFi connection without requiring a wireless router. It’s a way for devices to communicate wirelessly, much like Bluetooth.
- ConnectKey® Apps for Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, OneDrive and Office 365 cloud printing and scanning. Now it’s easier than ever to print from, and scan to, the cloud-based storage repositories you already use. Download these cloud print apps directly to your ConnectKey technology-enabled device, and easily work from anywhere.
How to Set Up/Connect a WiFi Printer
Wireless printer setup varies depending on the type of wireless printer you choose. Usually you’ll need the name of your network (SSID) and network password before you begin. You may need to temporarily attach the printer to a networked computer via network cable for software installation/setup. Many Xerox WiFi printers and WiFi all-in-one printers come with automated set-up wizards, making it very easy to get started with wireless printing.
For instructions specific to your wireless printer, please visit our customer knowledge base and search for your product model. Next, choose “Support” and then search for “wireless” or “wifi” or the specific application you want to use (i.e., “Google Cloud Print”).
Types of Xerox Wireless Printers/Wireless All-in-One Printers
What is the best wireless printer for your needs? We offer several ways to print wirelessly. You can choose a Xerox printer with built-in WiFi print features, or add on wireless printing options or adapters.
If you want WiFi printing built-in, then one of our newer wireless printers or wireless all-in-one printers is best for you. Look at Xerox® ConnectKey® technology-enabled AltaLink® and VersaLink® printers and multifunction printers first, which make mobile and cloud printing a priority. Otherwise, wireless printing comes standard on some of our Phaser® printers and WorkCentre® multifunction printers, and is optional on other models in these product families.