Even as one of the largest production printers in Canada, DATA Communications Management had ambitious plans for growth. They wanted to drive up print volumes and expand their digital business by increasing efficiency and enhancing their offerings. Essentially, they wanted to do more—faster.
A longtime partner of Xerox, DATA saw the Xerox® iGen® 5 Press as the next generation of the technology they knew and trusted. The iGen 5 became part of an automated, end-to-end solution that included Xerox® FreeFlow® Core and inline finishing to transform processes.
- Produced a combined count of more than 2 million clicks per month with three iGen 5s
- Eliminated the need to print short runs on offset to hit clients’ brand colors, as the additional 5th color has provided the ability to produce a wider range of PANTONE® colors
- Improved ability to print on specialty substrates, including flexible vinyl, textures and linens
- Bridged the gap between physical and digital production processes, enhancing the entire production room as a whole
- Opened the door to expand into new applications and markets, such as short-run digital packaging