Xerox Print Devices Cleaning Guidance
With public health concerns over the SARS-CoV-2 virus and COVID-19 disease, also known as Coronavirus, Xerox is providing the following guidance to customers on how to effectively clean Xerox devices and maintain a healthy work environment.
The following guidance is applicable to surfaces of Multifunction Devices, Printers, and Presses (e.g. panels, buttons, user interfaces, display screens, touch screens, doors/access handles).
- Wear disposable gloves made of latex or nitrile gloves when cleaning and disinfecting surfaces.
- Turn off the device, disconnect AC power, and unplug device from the outlet before cleaning. Do not clean a product while it is powered on and plugged in as it may cause electrification.
- Moisten a clean, soft, lint free, cotton cloth with a mixture of 70% isopropyl alcohol and 30% water (also known as rubbing alcohol). Do not use fibrous materials, such as paper towels. The cloth should be moist with no free liquid to ensure dripping does not occur.
- Do not spray any liquids directly onto the product.
- Gently wipe the moistened cloth on the surfaces to be cleaned. Take care to prevent moisture from entering inside the product or between gaps around the control panel or buttons. Disinfectant entering the product may result in extensive damage or failure due to corrosion.
- When cleaning a display screen or control panel, carefully wipe in one direction, moving from the top of the display to the bottom. Do not rub the control panel strongly as it can be easily scratched or cracked.
- Ensure surfaces have completely air-dried before turning the device on after cleaning. No moisture should be visible on the surface of the product before it is powered back on.
- Discard gloves after each cleaning. Clean hands immediately after gloves are removed.
Instructions for Safe Handling
It is important to handle isopropyl alcohol in a safe manner.
- Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothing.
- Keep away from heat and sources of ignition.
- Use with adequate ventilation.
- Store in a cool, well-ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed.
- In the event of contact with isopropyl alcohol, wash skin thoroughly with soap and water.
- Usage of high levels of alcohol may result in color unevenness, discoloration, cracks in the surface, or blurs. Be sure to follow the precautions above and try the cleaning on an inconspicuous area first.
- Follow Xerox approved and documented cleaning methods for components that are part of regular system maintenance.