"In the past, each of the 11 YWCA of Greater Los Angeles sites handled their own printing with no centralized control and a lot of waste."
– Faye Washington, President and CEO, YWCA of Greater Los Angeles
"We turned to Xerox for some new printers and instead found a workforce development partner. ... We implemented a Xerox in-house print center that provides centralized printing and serves as a digital learning academy for at-risk youth. We're training students in digital printing, computer programming technologies and finding them jobs with local businesses."
– Faye Washington
In the first year, we've already seen several important benefits:
- Centralized control of printing for 11 sites throughout Greater Los Angeles
- Decreased print costs by 80 percent and significantly improved turnaround times
- Began offering print services to outside businesses, creating a new revenue stream
- Aided and empowered at-risk youth by providing new skills and opportunities
View the complete story in videos: