We Reduce Energy Use to Protect Our Climate
Industry must do its part to protect our climate. To this end, we reduce our carbon footprint by cutting energy use in our facilities, investing in product designs that conserve energy and lower greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, and offering digital multifunction printers and energy-efficient solutions to our customers. In 2008, our Xerox (Europe) Ltd Dundalk Colour Toner Plant was certified to ISO 50001 – Energy Management System.
Carbon Footprint Reduction
- In 2003, we made a public commitment to reduce GHG emissions – our carbon footprint – by joining the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Climate Leaders program and launching our own internal Energy Challenge 2012.
- This 10-year initiative set a goal to reduce GHG emissions across all company operations by 10 percent by 2012. We met this target six years ahead of schedule, so we set a new target of 25 percent reduction by 2012 (from a 2002 baseline).
- At the conclusion of the program, we successfully cut emissions by 42 percent or 210,000 tons of carbon dioxide equivalents (CO2e) while energy consumption was down 31 percent.
- In 2012, we set a science-based energy goal to reduce energy consumption and GHG emissions by 20 percent by 2020 (from a 2012 baseline).
- In 2016, we met our new goal by reducing energy consumption by 20 percent and cut GHG emissions by 28 percent — that’s 92,000 tons of CO2e.*
- In 2018, we established a new corporate-wide science-based energy goal to reduce energy consumption and GHG emissions by 25 percent by 2025 (from a 2016 baseline).
*Energy Challenge 2012 included ﬂeet and facilities for the Technology Business. Energy Goals 2020 and 2025 encompass all parts of our continuing businesses.
ENERGY STAR Savings
- Each new generation of Xerox products offers more functionality and uses less energy – saving our customers money and reducing their carbon footprint. In 2017, 100 percent of all our new eligible product introductions achieved ENERGY STAR®.
Browse Xerox office products ›
Browse Xerox production products ›
- Xerox is a charter partner of the International ENERGY STAR program and has introduced nearly 500 ENERGY STAR qualified products since 1994.
- The annual savings from our ENERGY STAR qualified equipment installed in our customer’s locations is equivalent to lighting one million U.S. homes for a year.
Learn more about ENERGY STAR and other Xerox eco label programs ›.
Multifunction Printers Save Energy
- Xerox multifunction printers reduce the amount of energy used by combining the functions of multiple products into one machine.
- Approximately 50% less energy is used by one multifunction printer than the combined annual consumption of the individual products it replaces.
Learn about reducing energy consumption with Xerox products and solutions ›.
Energy-saving Solutions and Services
- Xerox Managed Print Services help customers become more productive, improve energy efficiency, and reduce material use and related waste by streamlining their print environment and processes.
- Our digital production printing solutions go a long way to reduce the use of chemicals and improve indoor air quality. Ask yourself... how green is your print shop?
Partnering to Reduce the Risk of Climate Change
- Xerox reports to CDP, an investor-led project that encourages companies to disclose risks and opportunities that climate change presents to the business, and greenhouse gas emissions accounting and reduction strategies.
- In 2018, Xerox achieved an A on the CDP S&P 500 Climate Report.
- Xerox AltaLink B8000 Series Environmental Life Cycle Assessment Secondary Data Source for EPEAT