Create a Green Office
Our commitment to sustainability at Xerox includes how we can help you find ways to work smarter, faster, and in ways that help your bottom line and the environment. Share ideas with co-workers and management in your company to create a green office and make sustainability part of your company's DNA.
Seven steps to a green office
Use electronic tools: software to simplify the way you use documents and cost-free online tools to simplify the way you communicate.
- Cut back the time and energy spent on manual paper-based processes with workflow management software and collaboration tools. Xerox® DocuShare®, combined with scan-enabled MFPs, can eliminate the costs of producing, storing and shipping paper documents.
- Use paper wisely. Print on both sides of the page-also called "duplexing." Print multiple images per page and print only the quantity you need at the time you need it. Print on paper certified to sustainable forestry standards or use paper with recycled content.
- Recycle the paper you use. Install bins around the office to collect paper for recycling or reuse. Paper manufacturers avoid the use of 3.5 tons of virgin fiber for every ton of recycled material used.
- Reach for the ENERGY STAR®. Upgrade old products with new, more efficient systems and the savings add up.
- Replace copiers or printers with MFPs that do it all. One multifunction printer that copies, prints, scans, and faxes can use half the energy of all those separate devices.
- Don't throw away empty toner cartridges. Return your cartridges to us for reuse and recycling with prepaid postage.
- Seek office equipment designed for remanufacturing or recycling. Xerox devices are designed with recycling and reuse in mind.