Managed Print Makes the Numbers Add up for Central Statistics Office
Fewer printers. Less printing. Greater security. More transparency.
Unusually for a public sector agency, the Irish Central Statistics Office (CSO) has its own printing section for its publications and brochures. It’s vital that this is robust enough to handle peak periods like quarter-end reporting. And, as always, there’s continuing focus on cost effectiveness.
Since implementing the Xerox Managed Print Service:
- Print costs are now predictable and transparent, and reported at department level.
- Print volumes are down by more than a third.
- The number of printers and scanners has been cut by more than half.
- Document security has been greatly enhanced with ‘follow you’ printing – enabling staff to pick up their document from any device using their swipe card.
- The internal IT team no longer has to worry about printer consumables or technical problems thanks to a dedicated 24x7 monitoring service.
Read our case study to learn how we achieved this, and what the IT Services Manager thinks about it.