We Reduce Energy Use to Protect Our Climate
Industry must do its part to protect our climate. To this end, we reduce our carbon footprint by cutting energy use in our facilities, investing in product designs that conserve energy and lower greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, and offering digital multifunction printers and energy-efficient solutions to our customers. In 2008, our Xerox (Europe) Ltd Dundalk Colour Toner Plant was certified to ISO 50001 – Energy Management System.
Carbon Footprint Reduction
Our aim is to achieve carbon neutrality no later than 2040. Since establishing our first targets in 2003, we have achieved significant reduction in our energy consumption and GHG emissions.
- Between our first baseline year of 2002 and 2016, we eliminated 320,000 tons of carbon dioxide equivalent (CO2e).
- In 2016, we created a goal to reduce Scope 1 and Scope 2 GHG emissions by an additional 25% by 2025, which we achieved by year-end 2019.
- We are now focused on reducing our Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions by at least 60% by 2030 against the company’s 2016 baseline, in line with the ambitious 1.5°C science-based global warming target. This means we will have reduced emissions by 85% as compared to emissions in the company’s original 2002 baseline.
- For Scope 3 emissions, we are in the process of formalizing a goal; however we have continued to work with top suppliers to reduce their environmental impacts of goods and services they provide us. For a detailed breakdown of Scope 3 emissions see our CSR Goals and Progress Summary
ENERGY STAR® Savings
- Each new generation of Xerox products offers more functionality and uses less energy – saving our customers money and reducing their carbon footprint. In 2020, 100 percent of all our new eligible product introductions achieved ENERGY STAR.
Browse Xerox office products ›
Browse Xerox production products ›
- Xerox is a charter partner of the International ENERGY STAR program and has introduced nearly 500 ENERGY STAR qualified products since 1994.
- The annual savings from our ENERGY STAR qualified equipment installed in our customer’s locations is equivalent to lighting one million U.S. homes for a year.
Learn more about ENERGY STAR and other Xerox eco label programs ›.
Multifunction Printers Save Energy
- Xerox multifunction printers reduce the amount of energy used by combining the functions of multiple products into one machine.
- Approximately 50% less energy is used by one multifunction printer than the combined annual consumption of the individual products it replaces.
Learn about reducing energy consumption with Xerox products and solutions ›.
Energy-saving Solutions and Services
- Xerox Managed Print Services help customers become more productive, improve energy efficiency, and reduce material use and related waste by streamlining their print environment and processes.
- Our digital production printing solutions go a long way to reduce the use of chemicals and improve indoor air quality. Ask yourself... how green is your print shop?
Partnering to Reduce the Risk of Climate Change
- Xerox reports to CDP, an investor-led project that encourages companies to disclose risks and opportunities that climate change presents to the business, and greenhouse gas emissions accounting and reduction strategies.
- In 2018, Xerox achieved an A on the CDP S&P 500 Climate Report.
- Xerox AltaLink C8155 Environmental Life Cycle Assessment and Secondary Data Source for EPEAT
- Xerox Corporation CDP Climate Change Questionnaire