For the Print Provider:
- Streamlines total fulfillment with automatic job routing to printing devices through seamless integration with the FreeFlow Digital Workflow Collection, providing a truly touchless workflow – including automated decision-making
- Simplifies ordering and payment processes
- Optimises print shop operations while enhancing customer service capability
- Consolidates all orders (Web, phone, fax, email, and walk-up) within one system, from quote to invoice, for easy tracking and reporting
- Opens growth opportunities by supporting both digital and hybrid print providers of all sizes
- Gives your customers the convenience of submitting orders over the Internet in a secure environment 24/7 – from virtually anywhere
- Improves customer communications by enabling two-way status and notification capabilities
- Provides attractive navigation tools and job ordering steps that can be customised for novice or advanced users
- Enhances customer loyalty through seamless integration with the look and feel of any print buyer's native Internet location, building future print demand
- Provides a customised shopping experience for users, accounts and products (both content and presentation)
- Easy online ordering experience that can be seamlessly connected with existing Intranet
- Provides strong back-end production-management capabilities
- Takes "push-marketing" to a new level by targeting new markets, promoting additional products and utilising marketing messages and cross-selling features
- Enables integrated personalised printing capabilities
- Open system integrates with third-party systems and complies with most industry standards, including JDF and variable data print output
- Advanced GUI can define simple or complex jobs, customise the ordering sequences, and even prevent print buyers from ordering "impossible" jobs
- Enables integrated personalised printing capabilities:
- Supports basic text and image personalisation with dynamically updated preview through a step-by-step wizard
- Optimises variable data printing through a VIPP Emitter, making it possible for any VIPP-enabled print server to achieve optimal variable printing
- Enables integration with third-party applications, including variable data generation and variable campaign management
- Available options expand the functionality of Web Services to meet your advanced workflow needs
By providing customers with Web sites customised to their look and feel, Web Services makes print providers a strategic partner. This dynamic branding application enables the print provider to control and customise the Web "skins" for individual print buyers, providing complete design control over the main print buyer application windows as well as styling control over the fonts, colour, and size. Providing customers with consistent Web presence in turn increases loyalty.
With the Web Services Book Assembly option, customers can dynamically create bound books, integrating multiple files or just a single file into a single book. Print buyers can soft proof a variety of content, binding options, and tabs prior to submitting the book for print.
Credit Card / Online Payment:
Web Services makes accepting payment online extremely simple and trouble-free. The Credit Card Module enables secure online payment with credit cards or online payment using popular e-commerce sites like Authorize.net®, DebiTech™, Moneries, Paymaster, Saferpay®, Tranzila, Citelis and PayPal™.
With this module, any VIPP-enabled digital front end can achieve optimal printing of variable data, optimising your variable data printing and giving your customers even more control - from wherever they are.
Data Export enables Web Services to easily integrate with various peripheral systems existing in a print provider's organisation (such as accounting and estimating). This option reduces errors by enabling your customers' operators to export data from Web Services directly to peripheral systems. It also allows them to export select data to an Excel spreadsheet. The Data Export option is also required for, and designed to integrate, with the LDAP Adapter.
The Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) Adapter enables user authentication when logging into the Web Services system by way of a directory service. This optional module is designed to integrate with the Data Export module, This option requires additional Professional Services.
Prerequisite: Web Services Data Export optional module.
Direct Marketing Links:
The Direct Marketing Link is an application "link" or interface that enables integration of Web Services and 3rd party applications such as variable data, image generation, and barcode printing to increase the capabilities and effectiveness of direct mail campaigns. It is required for, and designed to integrate with, the XMPie PersonalEffect and DirectSmile Adapters.
DirectSmile Image Generator:
The DirectSmile Image Generator Adapter allows users to incorporate personalised image layouts and rendered images generated with DirectSmile into a Web Services template.
Prerequisite: The DirectSmile Generator software needs to be purchased separately from DirectSmile and is included within the DirectSmile VDP Studio v.3.5 solution. Prerequisite: Web Services Direct Marketing Links optional module.
XMPie™ PersonalEffect™ Adapter:
The XMPie PersonalEffect Adapter allows users of the XMPie PersonalEffect software solution to integrate with Web Services to select and order campaign templates created and stored in the XMPie PersonalEffect Server from within Web Services. This provides a print buyer the ability to access, customise, and order VI campaigns directly from Web Services, including dynamic proofing and the generation of all VI output formats which are supported in PersonalEffect. This option requires additional Professional Services, which are billed separately.
Prerequisite: Web Services Direct Marketing Links optional module.
Supported Workstation Configuration:
Customer-Supplied Software Components
- Processor: Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003, Dual-Core Intel® Xeon® 2.4 GHz equivalent or better, or equivalent AMD™ processor
Recommended: Two Quad Core Processors, 3 GHz equivalent or better, or equivalent AMD™ processor
- System Memory: 2 GB minimum, 4 GB recommended
- Hard Drive:
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003: Minimum of 160 GB SCSI/SAS hard drive at 7,200 RPM with appropriate allowance for future disk space requirements
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2008: Minimum of 250 GB SCSI/SAS hard drive at 10,000 RPM with appropriate allowance for future disk space requirements
- Recommended: Raid system of at least 500 GB at 15,000 RPM or equivalent
- Video capability: Video controller with at least 1027 x 768 resolution and 32-bit colour
- Ethernet capability: 10/100/1000 MB/sec
- Display: Analog CRT or LCD monitor
- Input devices: Keyboard and mouse
- Peripheral devices: DVD-ROM drive
- Backup storage device recommended
Customer-Supplied Software Components
- Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition (32-bit) with SP2
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003 Standard Edition (32-bit) with SP2
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2008 Standard and Enterprise Editions (32-bit) with SP2
- Third-Party Application Software
- Microsoft® Office 2007 Standard Edition (Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®)
- Microsoft® "Save as PDF" Add-in for Microsoft® Office 2007
- Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 with Service Pack 1