The Duplo DBM-5001 In-line Bookletmaking System is the ideal solution for medium and high production environments. When connected to the Xerox Nuvera or iGen press, the DBM-5001 is able to seamlessly produce high quality, professionally saddle stitched booklets. The Duplo DBM-5001 offers in-line creasing to prevent toner cracking along the spine of the booklet, slitting and cutting for full-bleed finishing and a square spine module for enhancing the flatness and appearance of the finished booklet. Setup and changeovers are exceptionally quick and easy via the user-friendly PC-based controller software, which enhances user efficiency and overall productivity across the entire workflow.
- Produces 2 to 25-sheet booklets (80 gsm)
- In-line creasing prevents toner cracking along the spine of the booklet
- In-line slitting, cutting and face trimming for finishing full-bleed booklet applications
- Optional Square Spine Module produces flatter booklets
- Hohner Stitch Heads (2 standard) provide reliable and dependable performance
- 4-Stitch Head option allows smaller booklets to be printed 2-up to increase productivity
- Paper size: Minimum: 4.7" x 6.7" (120 x 170 mm) without BSR; Maximum: 14.01" x 19.7" (356 x 500 mm) without BSR
- PC-based controller with touchscreen allows for easy operation, set up and quick changeovers with the capacity to save up to 2,000 jobs
- Hand Feed Station for proofing jobs
Conventional bookletmaking can be complex and time-consuming. In addition, achieving a high-quality, full-bleed finished booklet can be a challenge with the white borders and toner cracking associated with finishing digital output.
- Time consuming set-ups and changeovers for short run, on demand bookletmaking jobs
- Achieving professional, full-bleed finishing
- Toner cracking on the cover of the booklet resulting in poor booklet quality
- High booklet waste resulting in costly reprints
- Inexperienced operators for post-press production resulting in poor booklet quality and decreased productivity
- Inability to provide document security for clients, resulting in the loss of business
- No flexibility in expanding application range
- Unreliable equipment resulting in costly repair expenses
The Duplo DBM- 5001 works in unison with a Xerox Nuvera or iGen press via a DFA connection to provide a complete end-to-end printing and bookletmaking solution.
- PC-based controller provides quick and easy set-ups and changeovers for short run, on demand jobs
- In-line creasing prevents image cracking along the spine of the booklet
- In-line slitting, cutting and face trimming for full bleed bookletmaking applications
Why Choose Xerox?
- The DBM-5001 In-line Bookletmaking System, together with the Xerox Nuvera or iGen, provides a complete end-to-end solution for medium to high production bookletmaking
- The DBM-5001 makes bookletmaking simple by receiving documents directly from the printer and converting them into full bleed booklets without having to be handled by the operator
- Set integrity is maintained at all times since sheets are fed directly from the printer into the bookletmaker
- The PC-based controller makes the system exceptionally simple and easy to program and save jobs
- Excellent service and support
Xerox award-winning digital presses can be enhanced with feeding and finishing equipment. Functionality may vary by product model. Contact your local sales representative for detailed compatibility information.
- Xerox® Color 8250
- Xerox iGen3
- Xerox iGen4
- Xerox® iGen4® Diamond Edition
- Xerox® iGen® 5 Press
- Xerox iGen 150