Letter to Stakeholders
Message from John Visentin, Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Xerox is an iconic company driven by innovation. From the invention of the first copier more than fifty years ago, to today’s mobile apps and Artificial Intelligence-driven voice recognition in our ConnectKey® multifunction devices, Xerox revolutionized the way the world works and manages information.
Today, we are building on that legacy by turning investments in innovation into products and services that help our customers be more productive, profitable and sustainable. Our pledge to inspire and support our people, conduct business ethically and protect our planet remains at the core of everything we do.
We believe what’s good for society is good for Xerox. In 2017, we made progress against some of our most ambitious environmental and social goals. Our accomplishments include:
- 100 percent of products, parts and consumables returned by customers at end-of-life were diverted from entering landfills. Instead, we remanufactured, reused, recycled, or provided the waste to suppliers who converted it into an energy source.
- 100 percent of newly-launched, eligible Xerox products satisfied the Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT®) and EPA ENERGY STAR® eco-labels.
- Six percent of our employee population are military veterans.
- Nine percent of our total supplier spend is with small businesses, minority-, women- or veteran-owned businesses.
- 91,000 hours were volunteered by our employees to local community involvement projects.
We recognize the world’s challenges, like climate change and human right issues, continue to devastate our planet and we understand the role we play. We’re proud of the steps we’ve taken to mitigate these issues and remain committed to continuing them.
Driving efficiency in our business operations, smart investments in technologies that afford our customers added agility—personalization, automation and better workflow—as part of our customer-centric approach, will underpin our corporate social responsibility efforts.
Our 2018 Corporate Social Responsibility Report continues to tell the story of our journey.