Together with our customers, partners and communities, we help solve some of society’s toughest challenges. The following stakeholder engagements are a few of the ways we deliver on our commitment.
Focus — Our World: Public Policy Makers and InfluencersHow We Engage
- Through active memberships with business and trade associations and frequent engagement with public policy makers, Xerox helps to educate on key issues related to our business, industry and stakeholders
- Xerox CEO Ursula Burns serves on the board for President Obama’s initiative, Change the Equation, which focuses on increasing the number of minority and female students engaged in STEM, a national program aimed at honing students’ skills in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). The initiative is expected to help the U.S. sharpen its competitive edge in innovation.
- Xerox CEO Ursula Burns serves as chair of the President’s Export Council, aimed at helping American businesses export more products, thereby helping the economy and creating jobs.
- Xerox executives serve on a variety of university and non-profit boards helping set strategy, define policy and engage in public advocacy.
Focus — Our CommunitiesHow We Engage
- Employees contributed their time and talents in hundreds of community-related projects worldwide
- Canadian employees geared up and played hockey in support of the “Hockey for Heart” tournament. The Xerox team effort raised awareness and $52,000 for the Heart & Stroke foundation.
- During the holiday season, Xerox employees in Monroe County, New York, donated more than 1,500 gifts as part of the 17th Annual Angel Tree program. The gifts were distributed directly to 639 disadvantaged children and adults through three non-profit agencies.
Focus — Our PeopleHow We Engage
- Voice of the Employee Survey
- Ethics hotline
- Open-door policy
- Global webcasts
- Town hall meetings
- Employee roundtables
- Internal social networks, including our intranet
- Enterprise-wide learning and career-management tools
- Leader-led performance enabling processes, communications, conversations and tools
- Leadership development
- In 2015, CEO Ursula Burns conducted eight country visits, 18 employee roundtables, 16 employee town halls and four all-hands employee WebChats.
- Global Talent@Xerox provides employees with tools to manage their performance and development. Its sister application, Global Careers@Xerox, provides visibility to our internal talent pool and current job openings.
- Yammer, a private microblogging network, allows our employees to connect and collaborate with their colleagues in open or private groups. Since launch, nearly 25,000 employees have joined the network.
- During 2015, 1.2 million learning assets were accessed through Learning@Xerox by our employees and partners. Xerox employees and authorized partners have round-the-clock access to a collection of approximately 750,000 learning resources, including videos, online classes and digitized books. XstreamVideo, our video-sharing platform, contains more than 11,000 videos created by Xerox employees which increase workforce engagement, allow our people to identify and promote innovative solutions and accelerate the adoption of successful business strategies.
- Xerox provides learning portals with curated resources targeted to specific employee population needs. Each portal is aligned to our workforce development strategy. In early 2016 we launched Leading@Xerox, an enterprise gateway to enable the targeted development of leaders at all levels. Leading@Xerox provides a carefully selected collection of internal and external learning resources, including videos, courses, books, and audio books for each level of leadership.
- Strategic Xerox senior leader–led development forums and mentoring programs that provide opportunities for Xerox employees to improve their management and leadership capabilities to transition into higher-level leadership roles.
Focus — Our CustomersHow We Engage
- Customer Satisfaction System: real-time customer feedback in a closed-loop process
- Customer Relationship Surveys
- Xerox Customer Community and Forum
- Our own blogs and all major social media platforms
- Customer personalized portal offering
- Xerox Corporate Focus Executive Program
- Customer Care Officer of the Day
- Open Xerox website
- Customer Service is social with Social Support offerings enhancing the online support experience. The Customer Support forum provides a peer-to-peer environment for customers and other industry professionals to post and respond to discussion threads about Xerox equipment and software. With thousands of registered members and more than half a million message views per month, customers have the opportunity to resolve printing issues and participate in conversations about Xerox products in a 24/7 online community. Customers can read and provide ratings for our products on our website.
- Open Xerox is a website to encourage customers to play a part in the exploratory research that serves as a source for new products, applications and services. This online technology portal provides instant access to the latest Xerox innovations and allows anyone to test pilot technology and provide feedback directly to lab scientists and engineers.
- We’ve hosted dozens of sustainability forums with customers, sharing best sustainability practices and encouraging customers to reduce their environmental footprint.
Focus — Our SuppliersHow We Engage
- Routine business reviews with key suppliers
- Assess supplier performance against the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC) code of conduct
- Annual communication of Xerox supplier code of conduct to supplier base
- Xerox purchasing staff located in regions where suppliers are located
- Inclusion of small and diverse businesses through our Supplier Diversity Program
- Achieved the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply Platinum Certification globally.
- Xerox holds executive sponsored reviews with key suppliers quarterly or semi-annually.
- Since 2010, Xerox has conducted over 300 compliance reviews and audits with Xerox Suppliers to ensure compliance with the EICC Code of Conduct.
- A letter is sent annually to all active suppliers reiterating our Code of Conduct.
- Approximately 80 purchasing employees are based in Asia and 45 employees in other developing markets.
- Xerox is a corporate member of the National Minority Supplier Development Council and the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council. Xerox spent over $1 billion with U.S. Tier 1 diverse and small businesses in 2014.
Focus — Our ShareholdersHow We Engage
- Annual meeting of shareholders
- Quarterly teleconferences
- One-on-one investor briefings
- Annual investor conference
- Small group meetings
- Around 80 institutional investors, analysts and investment bankers participated in the company’s annual investor conference in New York City and over 100 watched via live webcast.
- Xerox executives spoke with investors/analysts through approximately 350 one-on-one meetings and phone calls.
- Investors and analysts met with Xerox leaders at the Graph Expo trade show in Chicago.
- Xerox conducted two audio calls specific to Managed Print Services and Private Healthcare Exchange business.
- Xerox hosted approximately 60 small group meetings with current and potential investors in major markets, including Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Kansas City, London, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Montreal, New York, San Francisco, Toronto and Zurich.