Xerox is helping change the way the world works. By applying our expertise in imaging, business processes, analytics, automation and user-centric insights, we engineer the flow of work to provide greater productivity, efficiency and personalization. Our employees create meaningful innovations and provide business process services, printing equipment, software and solutions that make a real difference for our clients and their customers in 180 countries. On January 29, 2016, Xerox announced that it plans to separate into two independent, publicly-traded companies: a business process services company, which will be called Conduent, and a document management and document outsourcing company, which will retain the name Xerox. The company expects to complete the separation by year-end 2016. Learn more at www.xerox.com.
For Us, Global Is Local
Since our inception, we have operated under the guidance of six core values:
- We succeed through satisfied customers
- We deliver quality and excellence in all we do
- We require premium return on assets
- We use technology to develop market leadership
- We value our employees
- We behave responsibly as a corporate citizen
Major Business Segments
Services and Document Technology represent our two main business segments. We report our financial results through these two segments, plus a third smaller segment, Other.
2015 Revenue by Segment ($ Billions)
Detailed financial information for operating segments is presented in our quarterly and annual reports available at www.xerox.com/annualreports.
Rapid innovation in the global economy has made business processes increasingly sophisticated and challenging to maintain. By outsourcing these functions to us, our customers can better keep pace with advances in technology while reducing costs and allocating resources to their core operations. Our Services segment comprises two types of offerings: Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and Document Outsourcing (DO).
We sell Document Technology products and supplies as well as provide technical service and financing for our products. Our Document Technology business centers on strategic product groups that share common technology, manufacturing and product platforms. The strategic product groups are Entry, Mid-Range and High-End.
What We Offer: Services
We provide the industry’s broadest portfolio of business process and document management solutions.
Business Process Outsourcing
We are a leading enterprise for Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), with expertise in managing transaction-intensive processes. Our BPO business includes services that support enterprises through multi-industry offerings such as customer care, transaction processing, finance and accounting, and human resources, as well as industry-focused offerings in areas such as healthcare, transportation, financial services, retail and telecommunications.
- To enable deep client engagement and to optimize cross-selling of our broad portfolio of services solutions, we have organized our go-to-market resources into global industry business groups. The industry groups have primary responsibility for client relationships and sales, developing industry thought leadership and industry specific solutions, and ensuring service delivery meets client requirements. The industry business groups in 2015 were as follows:
- Commercial Healthcare
- Commercial Industries – High Tech and Communications, Financial Services, and Industrial, Retail and Hospitality
- Public Sector
- To leverage our global scale and ensure service delivery excellence across our BPO offerings, we have organized our delivery resources into global capability groups. 2015 global capability groups were as follows:
- Customer Care
- Transaction Processing
- Human Resources Services
- Finance and Accounting
- Communication and Marketing Services
- Consulting and Analytics Services
We are an industry leader in document outsourcing services, with more than 20 years of experience and 15,000 business professionals. We help companies optimize their printing infrastructure, simplify their communications and business processes, grow revenue, reduce costs and operate more efficiently.
Our primary offerings within Document Outsourcing are Managed Print Services and Centralized Print Services.
- Managed Print Services (MPS): We help large global enterprises and small- and mid-size businesses cut costs, increase productivity and meet their environmental sustainability goals while supporting their mobile and security needs. We provide a roadmap to help customers manage their information today and identify opportunities for continuous innovation. We are recognized as an industry leader by several major analyst firms, including Gartner, IDC, Quocirca and Forrester.
- Centralized Print Services (CPS): As a world leader in CPS, we work with customers to establish a common understanding of their business needs. We address the operational and financial aspects of their business and create a document production service that supports revenue growth. Our main offerings include the following:
- On-site print center support (on-demand printing and copying)
- Transactional printing
- Complete finishing
- Track and trace
- Global governance and mainframe production printing
- External print procurement
- Mail and distribution
- Creative and design
- Cross-media and e-publishing
What We Offer: Document Technology
For the Workplace
We provide solutions for workplaces and offices, large and small, through a broad array of document devices:
- Multifunction systems, in color and black and white, that combine printing, copying, faxing and scanning
- Color network printers, solid ink and laser
- Xerox ConnectKey®, which is a software system and set of solutions embedded in many of our multifunction printers
- Mobile offerings that make it easier for office workers to print from anywhere, at any time
- Document scanners and other computer peripherals to increase workplace efficiency
For Production Print Environments
We pioneered the on-demand printing industry with digital production publishing and have supported its evolution through continual innovation. Books can now be printed for one or for thousands, and marketing materials can be customized for each and every prospect.
For the graphic arts, marketing and production environments, we offer these printing systems and services:
- Digital and inkjet printers and presses, both color and black and white, and solid ink and aqueous
- Continuous-feed printers
- Tools to help develop and grow a profitable digital print business
- Solutions for short-run book publishing, on-demand documents, transactional applications, cross-media customized campaigns and more
- Workflow software to simplify how print jobs are created and managed
Research and Development
We lead the industry through innovation. Together with Fuji Xerox, our joint venture, we invested more than $1.1 billion in research, development and engineering in 2015. With R&D centers in the U.S., Canada, Europe and India, we hold approximately 12,500 active U.S. design and utility patents. Our investments in innovation align with our growth opportunities in areas such as business process services, color printing and customized communications.
Xerox Around the World
Xerox customers include small and mid-size businesses, graphic communications companies, government entities, educational institutions, Fortune 1000 companies and firms in key verticals such as healthcare, financial services, retail, technology and telecommunications, and transportation. Xerox offerings are sold through our worldwide sales force, a network of independent agents and concessionaires, dealers, value-added resellers and systems integrators, the Internet, and Global Imaging Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox.
2015 Revenue by Geography ($ Billions)
2015 Net Income from Continuing Operations: $552 million
Employees: More than 130,000 worldwide
Doing Business in: 180 countries
Founded: In 1906 as The Haloid Company; named Haloid Xerox in 1958; named Xerox Corporation in 1961
Fortune 500 Ranking: No. 150
Headquarters: Norwalk, Connecticut, U.S.A.