Xerox Revenue by Reporting Segment: 2010
We report our financial results through three segments: Technology, Services and Other. Financial information for operating segments is presented in our quarterly and annual reports available at www.xerox.com/investor.
Our Technology segment includes the sale of products and supplies, as well as the associated technical service and financing of those products. The Technology segment is centered around strategic product groups that share common technology, manufacturing and product platforms.
Our Services segment comprises three service offerings: Business Process Outsourcing, Document Outsourcing and Information Technology Outsourcing. We provide non-core, mission-critical services that our clients need to run their day-to-day business.
Our Other segment primarily includes revenue from paper sales, wide-format systems and Global Imaging Systems network integration solutions and electronic presentation systems.
Xerox Corporation: Who We Are and What We Offer
With sales of $22 billion and operations in more than 160 countries, we are the world’s leading enterprise for business process and document management. You know us well for our leadership in document technology and services that includes printers, multifunction devices, production publishing systems, managed print services and related software. We continue to build on this heritage of innovation today.
With our acquisition of Affiliated Computer Services (ACS), we have transformed into a leader in business process and IT outsourcing. We offer global services from claims reimbursement and electronic toll transactions to the management of HR benefits and customer care centers.
The new Xerox, 133,500 of us worldwide, is dedicated to innovation, service and giving our customers the freedom to focus on what matters most: their real business.
What We Offer
We provide the industry’s broadest portfolio of document technology, services and software and the most diverse array of business process and IT outsourcing support.
The innovation that we bring to document systems, software and integrated solutions is unparalleled in the industry and is built into our broad portfolio of technology for businesses of any size, in any industry, anywhere around the world.
For the Workplace
Our broad array of document devices enables us to provide the right solution for any workplace and for any office, large or small. We offer:
- Multifunction systems, color and black-and-white, which combine printing, copying, faxing and scanning
- Color network printers, solid ink and laser
- Software to simplify how information is stored and shared
- Mobile offerings that make it easier for office workers to print from anywhere, at any time
- Document scanners and other computer peripherals to increase workplace efficiency
- Audio-visual solutions for advanced on-site and online communication.
For Production Print Environments
With digital production publishing, we created the on-demand printing industry, and our technology has allowed it to evolve. Books can now be printed for one or for thousands, and marketing materials can be customized for each and every prospect.
For the graphic arts, marketing and production environments, we offer these printing systems and services:
- Digital printers and presses, both color and black-and-white
- Continuous-feed printers
- Tools to help develop and grow a profitable digital print business
- Solutions for short-run book publishing, on-demand documents, transactional applications, cross-media customized campaigns and more
- Workflow software to simplify how print jobs are created and managed.
To boost productivity and lower costs, our industry-leading, end-to-end document services include: helping businesses develop online document archives; analyzing how employees can most efficiently share documents and knowledge in the office; operating in-house print shops or mailrooms; and building Web-based processes for personalizing direct mail, invoices, brochures and more. Through these services, we:
- Help our clients save up to 30% on printing costs through Managed Print Services that optimize the use of document systems across an entire enterprise.
- Our Managed Print Services includes Xerox Print Services – which helps customers streamline management, control costs and maximize results across the office. In addition, Xerox Partner Print Services, offered through our reseller partners, delivers managed print services to help small and mid-size businesses centralize management of devices.
- Simplify document-driven processes, like forms processing and records management.
- Manage in-house print operations and special events by handling technology procurement and print/copy centers.
- Make information easier to manage and find through digital imaging, archiving and indexing.
- Generate a better return through personalized, multi-channel marketing communications.
- Improve commercial print operations, sales and profits through document outsourcing.
- Mitigate and reduce risk with electronic discovery.
Business Process Outsourcing
We are the largest worldwide diversified business process outsourcing company, with focused offerings in education, transportation, communication, healthcare, government, financial services, manufacturing, consumer goods and retail.
Our services include:
- Human capital management, including total benefits outsourcing and strategic learning services
- Finance and accounting outsourcing in areas such as order-to-cash, payroll processing, travel and expense accounting, and treasury and cash management
- Customer care services for activating accounts, collections, inside sales and product/life cycle support
- Services exclusive for federal, state and local government in areas that range from claims processing and human services support to transportation solutions for automated toll collections and traffic enforcement cameras.
Information Technology Outsourcing
We specialize in designing, developing and delivering effective IT solutions. Our secure data centers’ help desks and managed storage facilities around the world provide a reliable IT infrastructure that minimizes the chance of disruption to our clients’ daily operations.
Our services include:
- Data center, help desk, network, server and desktop support
- Managed storage
- Remote infrastructure management
- Utility computing
- Disaster recovery and security services
- Telecommunication expense management
- Asset management services
- IT strategy and architecture services
- Applications portfolio management and maintenance.
Research and Development
Innovation keeps us in the forefront of our industry. Four percent of our revenue is dedicated to R&D and engineering. We have four R&D centers in the U.S., Canada, Europe and India that focus on color science, computing, digital imaging, work practices, electromechanical systems, novel materials and other disciplines. Xerox holds more than 10,200 active U.S. patents.
Xerox Around the World
Xerox customers include small and mid-size businesses, graphic communications companies, government entities, educational institutions, Fortune 1000 companies and firms in document-intensive industries such as healthcare, legal and financial services. Xerox offerings are sold through: our worldwide sales force; a network of independent agents and concessionaires, dealers, value-added resellers and systems integrators; Global Imaging Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Xerox; and the Web.
Revenues by Geography
We operate in more than 160 countries worldwide and serve a $600 billion+ market.
In 2010, about 36% of our revenue was generated from non-U.S. customers. Our largest subsidiary outside the U.S. is Xerox Limited, which operates predominantly in Europe. We conduct our Developing Markets Operations in Latin America, Brazil, the Middle East, India, Eurasia and Central-Eastern Europe, and Africa through operating companies, subsidiaries and distributors.
Fuji Xerox, an unconsolidated entity in which we own a 25% interest, develops, manufactures and distributes document processing products and services in Japan, China, Hong Kong and other areas of the Pacific Rim, Australia and New Zealand.
On February 5, 2010, we acquired Affiliated Computer Services (ACS). We also completed acquisitions to further strengthen our distribution capacity and expand our reach into the small to mid-size market in both the United States and Europe.
Xerox at a Glance
2010 Net Income:
133,500 worldwide as of
More than 160 countries
Founded: In 1906 as The Haloid Company; named Haloid Xerox in 1958; named Xerox Corporation in 1961
Fortune 500 Ranking:
Norwalk, Connecticut, U.S.A.
Xerox Market Opportunity
Services Market Opportunity
Since our inception, we have operated under the guidance of six core values:
- We succeed through satisfied customers.
- We deliver quality and excellence in all we do.
- We require premium return on assets.
- We use technology to develop market leadership.
- We value our employees.
- We behave responsibly as a corporate citizen.