Prevent and manage wasteXerox's commitment is to produce waste-free products in waste-free facilities to help our customers reduce waste. Our aim is to design products, packaging and supplies that make efficient use of resources, minimise waste, reuse material where feasible and recycle what can't be reused. All Xerox products contain between 0-5% post-consumer recycled plastic content.
Xerox supplies recycling program
- The Xerox Green World Alliance collection and reuse / recycling program in partnership with our customers results in millions of cartridges and toner containers returned for reuse or recycling each year.
- Prepaid postage labels and packaging from new supplies make it easy to return spent items for recycling, where over 90% of the material is either reused or recycled.
- Xerox solid ink technology utilises compact, non-toxic colour solid ink sticks instead of cartridges creating far less waste.
- The result is a 90% reduction in office waste compared with similar colour laser products.
- Xerox pioneered the practice of remanufacturing, reusing and recycling of office equipment. Our machines are designed for easy disassembly and durability, contain fewer parts, and are controlled for chemical content.
- Xerox carefully manages suppliers that provide recycling and waste disposal services. An audit process ensures that vendor practices are safe, environmentally sound, and compliant with regulations.
- Since 1991, has prevented over 2 billion pounds of potential waste from entering landfills.
- Since the early 1990s, Xerox has maintained an internal initiative known as the Waste-Free Factory.
- This initiative drives the global implementation of an ISO 14001-compliant environmental management system, and helps achieve a 92% recycling rate for non-hazardous materials. Learn more about .
- Xerox participates in the U.S. EPA National Environmental Performance Track program, a partnership that recognises top environmental performance among participating U.S. facilities.
- Xerox was named a Performance Track Corporate Leader in 2008. Xerox is the first technology company and 5th company overall to be named a .