Preserve biodiversity and the world's forestsAs one of the world's largest distributors of paper for digital printing, we believe it's our obligation to support the responsible use of paper and a sustainable paper cycle. To ensure responsible use of our precious natural resources, we impose strict environmental standards for our paper suppliers, offer environmentally sound paper, and support sustainable forest practices via our partnership with The Nature Conservancy.
- Companies that provide paper to Xerox for resale must meet stringent requirements that cover all aspects ofpapermaking, from forest management to production of finished goods.
- Xerox paper suppliers must provide detailed documentation verifying compliance with the .
- Xerox equipment and software are designed with features that allow customers to make efficient use of paper including reliable two-sided (duplex) printing.
- In mid-2010, Xerox integrated the earth smart feature into its global print driver. Earth smart brings several resource-saving settings together at the single click of a button, such as duplex, n-up, proof print and toner saving modes, thus making it easier for customers to make responsible printing choices.
- Xerox Enterprise Print Services customers have access to sophisticated print management and reporting tools, such as Xerox Print Agent, which provide additional methods of encouraging and tracking responsible print behavior.
- Software products such as DocuShare, SMARTsend, and FreeFlow Digital Workflow Collection help Xerox customers reduce paper consumption by facilitating electronic data management, scan to e-mail, print-on-demand and distribute-then-print workflows.
- We offer a wide variety of recycled paper with varying levels of post-consumer wasteincluding paper made from 100% post-consumer waste.
- Recycled products are required to meet the same strict performance specifications as virgin products, and are designed for optimal performance in Xerox equipment.
- Xerox has been granted FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) and PEFC (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification) Chain of Custody certification, thus enabling us to provide FSC certified and PEFC certified papers to our customers.
- FSC certified and PEFC certified papers allow customers to recognise products that meet strict standards for sustainable forestry and management of the Chain of Custody, from forest management to final distribution.
- Ensuring that prints produced with Xerox equipment and materials can be responsibly managed at the end of their useful life is an important consideration in our product development process. When appropriate, independent testing is utilized to confirm that these prints pose no unique challenges to the recycling stream.
- While the deinkability of xerographic prints has long been demonstrated, a key milestone for a new technology came in 2010 when the new Xerox Production Inkjet printer achieved a Good Deinkability rating from INGEDE, the international association of the deinking industry.
- Xerox is in our second year of a three-year, $1 million grant to The Nature Conservancy.
- The partnership is focused on forest management in Brazil, Canada, Indonesia, and the U.S. and promotes best practices that enable environmental scientists, forest managers, and paper suppliers to work toward sustainable forest management.