Xerox is committed to the protection of the environment so that, as a company, we play a role in the sustainability of our world’s natural resources. Our stated goals are to create Waste-Free Products in Waste-Free Facilities. The following principles govern all business practices in the design, manufacture, procurement, marketing, distribution, maintenance, reuse/recycling, and disposal of products and related services:
- Protection of the environment and the health and safety of Xerox employees, customers, and neighbors from unacceptable risks takes priority over economic considerations and will not be compromised.
- Xerox operations must be conducted in a manner that safeguards health, protects the environment, conserves valuable materials and resources, and minimizes risk of asset losses.
- Xerox is committed to designing, manufacturing, distributing, and marketing products and processes to optimize resource utilization and minimize environmental impact.
- All Xerox operations and products are, at a minimum, in full compliance with applicable governmental requirements and Xerox standards.
- Xerox is dedicated to continuous improvement of its performance in Environment, Health and Safety.
The Environment, Health and Safety organization is charged with ensuring company-wide adherence to Xerox’s environmental, health and safety policy. The governance model we employ to accomplish this task is illustrated on the following page. Its central elements include clearly defined goals, a single set of worldwide standards, and an audit process that ensures conformance to these requirements.