- NO FEE OR PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PRODUCT PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE THE ODDS OF WINNING. The “Universal” Sweepstakes (the "Promotion") begins on September 11, 2009 at 10:00 am Central Standard Time (CST) and ends on September 16, 2009 at 3:00pm CST. Xerox Corporation (Xerox) is not responsible for lost, stolen, misdirected, delayed, destroyed or illegible entries.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to individuals who reside in and are physically located in the 50 United States and The District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico and all other territories) and who are 18 years of age or older at the time of the Promotion registration (upon verification of prize eligibility, misrepresentation of age requirement will void the entry). This Promotion is non-transferable. This Promotion is not open to public sector employees where such an offer would violate laws, regulations or policies. Xerox employees, contractors, advertising, public relations, promotion, fulfillment and marketing agencies, their immediate families (parent, child, sibling, and spouse) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) and Universal City Studios, LLP or their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, or service or advertising (“Universal”)are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
By entering the Promotion, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Xerox, Universal, its and their affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all damages, costs, expenses, and other liabilities, including damages for personal injury or damage to property, whether the damages are direct or indirect, and regardless of whether the claim is based on contract, tort or any other legal theory, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Program or any portion thereof or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of the prize.
By participating, you agree to abide by these Official Rules and that the decisions of Xerox are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations in the US apply.
- HOW TO ENTER: Visit the Xerox booth (#1100) at the Print 09 event, have your badge scanned, and you will be officially entered into the sweepstakes. Limit of one (1) entry per person. All subsequent entries from the same person will be disqualified.
For alternate method of entering, send a postcard or letter to Xerox “Universal” Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 30880, Rochester, NY 14603-0880. You must include your name, address, phone number and email. Mail in entries must be postmarked by September 17, 2009 and received by Xerox no later than September 30, 2009 (“Entry Period”). Only eligible entries actually received by Xerox within the Entry Period will be included in the Prize Drawing. Mutilated, illegible, damaged, lost and late entries are disqualified.
- PRIZE AVAILABLE: One (1) Grand Prize Trip for four (4) people will be awarded consisting of four (4) tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood (“USH”). Trip includes: Round-trip coach airfare for four (4) people within the continental United States (excluding Alaska and Hawaii), a standard hotel room for 2 nights/3 days (hotel to be selected by Universal and approved by Xerox and within five (5) miles of USH), and ground transportation in Los Angeles from and to the airport. The Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for all taxes (if applicable) and any other costs associated with the acceptance and use of the prize. Approximate retail value of Grand Prize: $2000.
All persons must travel on the same itinerary and must be 21 years of age or older unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian 21 years of age or older. All airfare will be at least 60-day advance purchase non-refundable coach airfare and may require a Saturday night stay on Universal’s choice of airline from the major airport nearest to the home city of the person using such airfare. Reservations must be made through Universal’s designated travel agent; may require the traveler to fly on certain days of the week, and/or at certain times of day or night, and airfares may require connecting flights. Hotel rooms will be standard-sized, with two (2) beds, quad occupancy and may be a non-view room. The Grand Prize does not include parking, meals, incidentals, tips, telephone calls, room service, mini-bar, in-room movies, laundry or any other personal expenses incurred during the trip. USH park passes will allow entry to the theme park each day but are not valid at separately ticketed events. No refunds or credits will be available for unused tours, tickets or passes.
Odds of winning a Grand Prize are dependent on the total number of eligible entries received. No prize substitution or cash equivalent of prizes is permitted, except at the sole discretion of Xerox, who reserves the right to substitute the merchandise prizes offered for one of equal or greater value.
- SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION OF PRIZE WINNER: A random drawing will be held no later than October 15, 2009 from among all eligible entries received. Decisions by Xerox of winner eligibility, notification, and acceptance or disqualification will be final and binding.
- WINNER: For the name and city of residence of the Grand Prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped business-size (#10) envelope by November 15, 2009 to: Xerox “Universal” Sweepstakes Winner Confirmation Request, P.O. Box 30880, Rochester, NY 14603-0880.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Xerox is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error, which may occur in processing entries for the Promotion.
Xerox is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable Website network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic.
Xerox is not responsible for any delay, error, failure, problem or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of electronic mail or entries due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to any entrant, entrant's computer or to any other computer related to or resulting from participation in, or downloading materials for, this Promotion. If for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Xerox which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Xerox reserves the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
CONDITIONS: All entries become the property of Xerox, who reserves the right to void all entries made in an unsportsmanlike manner and to disqualify any individual using fraudulent means of entry. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants hereby agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against all losses, damages, liabilities, claims, actions, proceedings, or judgments arising out of or relating to entrant’s entry or participation in this Sweepstakes, or use or misuse of the prize being offered. Submission of sweepstakes entry constitutes entrant’s agreement to abide by these Official Rules and indicates permission to use winner’s name and likeness (where allowable) for editorial, advertising, and publicity purposes, without further compensation. No transfer or substitution of prize will be allowed, except at the sole discretion of Xerox. If a winner is selected whose company policy does not allow them personally to accept a prize, the selected winner’s prize claim will be void and a new winner may be selected. All taxes, fees and other costs associated with the acceptance and/or use of any prize awarded to an individual are the responsibility of that respective winner (including, but not limited to, sales tax, surcharges and service fees, if the prize is accepted). This promotion is void if and where determined to be prohibited or restricted.
CONDUCT: Xerox reserves the right, at their discretion, to disqualify anyone found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. XEROX RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
TAX INFORMATION: All taxes, fees, and surcharges on the prize won are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- GENERAL INFORMATION: This promotion is conducted in English (which will be given its everyday ordinary meaning) and any and all disputes will be resolved in the appropriate courts in the State of New York in the United States, exclusively, and subject to the laws of the State of New York. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New York and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of New York.
- SPONSOR: The sponsor of this Promotion is: Xerox Corporation. 101 Chestnut St. Rochester, NY 14604-2411. © 2009 XEROX CORPORATION. All rights reserved. XEROX® is a trademark of XEROX CORPORATION. All other products mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.