Books & Manuals
Set yourself apart in a crowded marketplace
by offering digital book publishing. Benefit from applications that require small quantities of specialised books. With digital printing, book publishers can economically print short runs to meet specific needs.Market Opportunities
- About 1.7 billion units are sold each year in the Trade Books segment. That's about 500 billion offset pages.
- Professional Books are essentially required reading for individuals in various professions and trades including business, law and medicine. They can carry a high retail value; about 170 million volumes are sold each year.
- University Presses are nonprofit book publishers which keep low-demand yet intellectually significant books in print. In 2006, University Presses printed and sold an estimated 25.1 million books.
Types of Books & Manuals
- Catalogues require great image quality, lightweight stocks, and inline finishing, making Xerox digital presses the ideal solution.
- Create custom course packs and course outlines tailored to fit the curriculum of a specific class. Save students money without consuming faculty time or exposing copyright liability issues.
- The growing digital photography market has opened new opportunities for photo books, calendars and cards - keepsakes that are a perfect fit for Xerox colour presses and finishing solutions.
- The inventory needed for professional and technical manuals and books varies greatly after their first year in the market – digital printing can keep up with these fluctuations and print only the quantity needed.
- Before textbooks can be used in schools they must be reviewed and approved prior to adoption. Economically print these adoption copies on a digital press – a huge savings over offset. As titles age, manage inventory with a digital print platform, reprinting small quantities as the need arises.
- Trade books and manuals are often plagued with issues of inventory management as the material ages or the books advance in their lifecycle. Digital print will help you manage inventories and obsolescence, putting cash back in your pocket instead of the warehouse.