Investors, financial analysts and potential shareholders receive clear, consistent and credible content from Xerox Investor Relations. We brief them about the company’s financial performance, strategic intent and expectations for long-term profitable revenue growth. Likewise, our shareholders depend on us for accurate and complete information. We provide it on a timely basis through press releases, webcasts, quarterly earnings presentations, annual reports and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings.
In 2010, our engagement with stakeholders included these activities:
- We hosted an event at our facility in Lexington, Kentucky, for the sell-side analysts who cover Xerox to spotlight our commercial Business Processing Outsourcing business.
- More than 100 institutional investors, analysts and investment bankers participated in the company’s annual investor conference in New York City.
- Xerox executives participated in 11 brokerage conferences.
- Investors and analysts met with Xerox leaders at the GraphExpo trade show in Chicago.
- The company hosted 69 small group meetings with potential investors in major markets, including Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, New York, San Francisco and Toronto.
- Xerox executives spoke with investors/analysts through approximately 450 one-on-one meetings and phone calls.
2010 Investment Styles
Institutional investors hold more than 85% of Xerox’s common shares; of this group, the top 10 own about 47% of the shares. Xerox enforces a stringent policy on financial disclosure. This helps to ensure that the company complies with applicable laws, including the U.S. SEC Fair Disclosure Rules (Regulation FD), which was enacted in 2000 to govern disclosure of material, non-public information to the investment community.
We circulate our financial disclosure policy to all of the corporate officers at Xerox each year. In the same manner, we communicate it in detail with our country general managers and finance executives. We also share it with communications and public relations professionals worldwide, who have access to it on our website at www.xerox.com/investor.