Prevent and manage waste
Xeroxs commitment is to produce waste-free products in waste-free facilities to help our customers reduce waste. Our aim is to design products, packaging and supplies that make efficient use of resources, minimize waste, reuse material where feasible and recycle what cant be reused.
Xerox supplies recycling programXerox product takeback and recycling program
Packaging take-back service for Xerox branded products
- Xerox pioneered the practice of remanufacturing, reusing and recycling of office equipment. Our machines are designed for easy disassembly and durability, contain fewer parts, and are controlled for chemical content.
- Xerox carefully manages suppliers that provide recycling and waste disposal services. An audit process ensures that vendor practices are safe, environmentally sound, and compliant with regulations.
- Since 1991, Xerox remanufacturing and recycling has prevented over 2 billion pounds of potential waste from entering landfills.
- Xerox collected a total of 2,457,759 lbs. of broader scope products (all Xerox products) through customer equipment return programs in the U.S. during 2011, including 13,415 lbs. through mandated programs and 2,444,344 lbs. through voluntary programs.
- Product End of Life (EOL) Characterization Reports
- Whenever possible, we encourage you to recycle packaging locally as it reduces greenhouse gas emissions associated with transportation. However, if unable to recycle locally, we offer a packaging take-back and recycling service to our customers for Xerox branded products, where customers pay for the return shipping and Xerox pays for the recycling. If interested in this service, please send your packaging to: Xerox Corporation, ESSO Scrap, 6500 State Route 63, Middletown, OH 45044 , ATTN: EPEAT Packaging Returns
- Xerox solid ink technology utilizes compact, non-toxic color solid ink sticks instead of cartridges creating far less waste.
- The result is up to a 90% reduction in printing waste compared with similar color laser products.
- Since the early 1990s, Xerox has maintained an internal initiative known as the Waste-Free Factory.
- This initiative drives the global implementation of an ISO 14001-compliant environmental management system, and helps achieve a 93% recycling rate for non-hazardous materials. Learn more about how we manage environmental performance.