Prevent and manage waste
Xeroxs commitment is to produce waste-free products in waste-free facilities to help our customers reduce waste. Our aim is to design products, packaging and supplies that make efficient use of resources, minimize waste, reuse material where feasible and recycle what cant be reused.
Xerox supplies recycling program
Xerox product takeback and recycling program
- The Xerox Green World Alliance collection and reuse / recycling program in partnership with our customers results in millions of cartridges and toner containers returned for reuse or recycling each year.
- As part of our commitment to environmentally responsible
business practices, Xerox continues to make improvements to our supplies
returns and recycling programs.
- EPEAT Consumables Reporting and Disposition
Packaging take-back service for Xerox branded products
- Xerox pioneered the practice of remanufacturing, reusing and recycling of office equipment. Our machines are designed for easy disassembly and durability, contain fewer parts, and are controlled for chemical content.
- Xerox carefully manages suppliers that provide recycling and waste disposal services. An audit process ensures that vendor practices are safe, environmentally sound, and compliant with regulations.
- Since 1991, Xerox remanufacturing and recycling has prevented over 2 billion pounds of potential waste from entering landfills.
- Xerox collected a total of 2,643,754 lbs. of broader scope products (all Xerox products) through customer equipment return programs in the U.S. during 2012, including 8,956 lbs. through mandated programs and 2,634,798 lbs. through voluntary programs.
- Product End of Life (EOL) Characterization Reports
- Whenever possible, we encourage you to recycle packaging locally as it reduces greenhouse gas emissions associated with transportation. However, if unable to recycle locally, we offer a packaging take-back and recycling service to our customers for Xerox branded products, where customers pay for the return shipping and Xerox pays for the recycling. If interested in this service, please send your packaging to: Xerox Corporation, ESSO Scrap, 6500 State Route 63, Middletown, OH 45044 , ATTN: EPEAT Packaging Returns
- Xerox solid ink technology utilizes compact, non-toxic color solid ink sticks instead of cartridges creating far less waste.
- The result is up to a 90% reduction in printing waste compared with similar color laser products.
Partnering to promote responsible recycling of e-waste
- Since the early 1990s, Xerox has maintained an internal initiative known as the Waste-Free Factory.
- This initiative drives the global implementation of an ISO 14001-compliant environmental management system, and helps achieve a 93% recycling rate for non-hazardous materials. Learn more about how we manage environmental performance.
Xerox has joined the Sustainable Electronic Recycling International coalition as a founding member of the "R2 Leader Program". SERI is a non-profit organization devoted to advancing sustainable electronics reuse and recycling globally. R2 Leaders commit to support responsible and sustainable electronics repair and recycling as described in the R2 Standard. Additionally, R2 Leaders, including Xerox are taking leadership roles in projects for responsible reuse and recycling around the globe.