Xerox Environment, Health, Safety, and Sustainability governance and policy
The Xerox Environment, Health, Safety, and Sustainability (EHS&S) organization ensures company-wide adherence to Xeroxs environment, health, safety, and sustainability policy. The governance model we use to accomplish this includes clearly defined goals, a single set of worldwide standards, and an audit process that ensures conformance to these requirements. Our EHS&S governance and policy, adopted in 1991, forms the foundation of our environmental leadership program.
Xerox EHS&S Policy:
Xerox Corporation is committed to the protection of the environment and the health and safety of its employees, customers, and neighbors worldwide. The following principles govern all business practices in the design, manufacture, procurement, marketing, distribution, maintenance, reuse/recycling, and disposal of products and related services:
To learn more about the Xerox Environment, Health, Safety, and Sustainability governance and our progress toward our commitments, see the Environment, Health, Safety, and Sustainability Governance section of the Xerox Corporate Citizenship report.
- Protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and neighbors from unacceptable risks takes priority over economic considerations and will not be compromised
- Xerox operations must be conducted in a manner that safeguards health, protects the environment, conserves valuable materials and resources, and minimizes risk of asset losses
- Xerox is committed to designing, manufacturing, distributing, and marketing products and processes to optimize resource utilization and minimize environmental impact
- All Xerox operations and products are, at a minimum, in full compliance with applicable governmental requirements and Xerox standards
- Xerox is dedicated to continuous improvement of its performance in environment, health and safety