Create a green office
Our commitment to sustainability at Xerox includes how we can help you find ways to work smarter, faster, and in ways that help your bottom line and the environment. Share ideas with co-workers and management in your company to create a green office and make sustainability part of your company's DNA.
Xerox 7 tips to a green office (PDF)
Environmental solutions that work (PDF)
Video: Achieve measurable reduction in cost, consumption and waste in the office
Seven steps to a green office
- Use electronic tools: software to simplify the way you use documents and cost-free online tools to simplify the way you communicate.
Xerox DocuShare enterprise content management software
- Cut back the time and energy spent on manual paper-based processes with workflow management software and collaboration tools. Xerox DocuShare, combined with scan-enabled MFPs, can eliminate the costs of producing, storing and shipping paper documents.
- Send and receive information electronically with simple-to-use eCommerce and cost-free Account Management eTools that help manage your Xerox equipment and contracts, submit meter reads and purchase orders online, pay invoices online and more.
Browse office software solutions
- Use paper wisely. Print on both sides of the pagealso called "duplexing." Print multiple images per page and print only the quantity you need at the time you need it. Use environmentally preferable paper like Xerox's High Yield Business Paper that uses half the number of trees of conventional paper. Print on paper certified to sustainable forestry standards or use paper with recycled content.
Poster: 5 tips for green paper use (PDF)
- Recycle the paper you use. Install bins around the office to collect paper for recycling or reuse. Paper manufacturers avoid the use of 3.5 tons of virgin fiber for every ton of recycled material used.
Xerox Paper Reference Guide (PDF)
- Reach for the ENERGY STAR®. Upgrade old products with new, more efficient systems and the savings add up.
Xerox ENERGY STAR qualified products: 4/1/2007 Present
- Replace copiers or printers with MFPs that do it all. One multifunction printer that copies, prints, scans, and faxes can use half the energy of all those separate devices.
Xerox multifunction printers
- Don't throw away empty toner cartridges. Return your cartridges to us for reuse and recycling with prepaid postage. Or consider a cartridge-free solid ink printer or MFP, which generates about 90% less waste than a comparable colour laser printer.
Recycle Xerox Supplies
- Seek office equipment designed for remanufacturing or recycling. Xerox devices are designed with recycling and reuse in mind.
Designing products for reuse