Xerox Remote Print Services
Automated Meter Reads and Automatic Supplies Replenishment
Xerox Remote Print Services eliminates the time and effort required to provide meter reads and order ink/toner for networked equipment. Xerox Remote Print Services includes:Automated Meter Reads
- Automates the meter reading and submission process, eliminating the manual steps involved in collecting and reporting meter reads and ensuring accurate invoices. Automatic Supplies Replenishment
- A simple, automated way of getting your ink and toner supplied without your involvement in the ordering process, it is your device that tells us when you need more consumables.
Xerox® Device Agent is designed to be installed only on specific computers running the Windows operating systems defined below. Please check with your Network Administrator if you are unsure whether your computer meets these requirements.
|Operating System: (32- and 64-bit)||Windows® XP with Service Pack 3|
Windows Server® 2003 with Service Pack 2
Windows Server® 2008 with Service Pack 1 and 2008 R2 with Service Pack 1
Windows® 7 Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate
Windows Vista® with Service Pack 2 Ultimate, Business, and Enterprise
Windows Server® 2012
Windows® 8, Windows® 8 Pro, Windows® Enterprise
|Memory||512 MB RAM (1GB Recommended) for Windows® XP and Windows Server® 2003|
1GB RAM (1.5 GB Recommended) for Windows Vista®, Windows® 7, Windows® 8, and Windows Server® 2008, 2008 R2, 2012
|Processor|| 1.7 GHz processor or better|
|Hard Disk||Minimum free space is approximately 100 MB for the application and up to 500 MB for the Microsoft®.NET framework, if not previously installed.
|Minimum Resolution|| 1024x768|
|Permissions|| You must install the application software on the client computer using the administrative account or an account with administrative privileges.
- We recommend that you update your host computers with the latest critical patches and service releases from Microsoft Corporation.
- The Network Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) must be loaded and operational.
- Requires SNMP-enabled devices and the ability to route SNMP over the network. It is not required to enable SNMP on the computer where Xerox® Device Agent will be installed or any other network computers.
- You must install Microsoft®.NET 3.5 with Service Pack 1 before you install the application.
- The application should not be installed on a PC where other SNMP-based applications or other Xerox printer management tools are installed, since they may interfere with each other’s’ operation.