- Chairman’s Letter
- Progress Report
- Company Profile
- Stakeholder Engagement
- About This Report
- Conducting Our Business
- Aligning Our Resources
- Nurturing a Greener World
- Environmental Goals and Priorities
- Environmental, Health and Safety Governance
- Climate Protection
- Reducing Our Company-wide Carbon Footprint
- Preserving Biodiversity and Forests
- Preserving Clean Air and Water
- Waste Prevention and Management
- Environmental Performance in Xerox Facilities
- Environmental Remediation and Compliance Penalties
- Strengthening Our Competitiveness
- Leveraging Our Resources
- Environmentally Aware?
- Contact Us
Environmental, Health and Safety Governance
The Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) organization is charged with ensuring company-wide adherence to Xerox’s environment, health and safety policy. The governance model we use to accomplish this task includes clearly defined goals, a single set of worldwide standards and an audit process that ensures conformance to these requirements.
Our EH&S governance and policy, adopted in 1991, forms the foundation of our environmental leadership program. For a review of this policy, visit www.xerox.com/environment.
Environmental, Health and Safety Governance and Policy, adopted in 1991, form the foundation of our Environmental Leadership Program.
Xerox Corporation is committed to the protection of the environment and the health and safety of its employees, customers and neighbors. This commitment is applied worldwide. The following principles govern all business practices in the design, manufacture, procurement, marketing, distribution, maintenance, reuse/recycling and disposal of products and related services:
- Protection of the environment and the health and safety of Xerox employees, customers and neighbors from unacceptable risks takes priority over economic considerations and will not be compromised.
- Xerox operations must be conducted in a manner that safeguards health, protects the environment, conserves valuable materials and resources, and minimizes risk of asset losses.
- Xerox is committed to designing, manufacturing, distributing and marketing products and processes to optimize resource utilization and minimize environmental impact.
- All Xerox operations and products are, at a minimum, in full compliance with applicable governmental requirements and Xerox standards.
Standards and Programs
Environmental, health and safety standards are our primary tool for ensuring compliance with corporate policies and goals. These worldwide standards establish specific requirements for product safety, materials safety, packaging, design for environment, environmental management and reporting, workplace safety, emergency response and asset protection. We have also established company-wide programs such as Zero Injury, Emergency Preparedness and Energy Challenge 2012 to engage and support employees worldwide.