- Chairman’s Letter
- Progress Report
- Company Profile
- Stakeholder Engagement
- About This Report
- Conducting Our Business
- Aligning Our Resources
- Nurturing a Greener World
- Environmental Goals and Priorities
- Environmental, Health and Safety Governance
- Climate Protection
- Reducing Our Company-wide Carbon Footprint
- Preserving Biodiversity and Forests
- Preserving Clean Air and Water
- Waste Prevention and Management
- Environmental Performance in Xerox Facilities
- Environmental Remediation and Compliance Penalties
- Strengthening Our Competitiveness
- Leveraging Our Resources
- Environmentally Aware?
- Contact Us
Do you consider yourself environmentally aware?
Are you the Chief Recycling Officer of your household?
What about at work?
Results of a North American survey conducted by Harris Interactive to measure environmental consciousness in the workplace found that work colleagues may have some strong objections to those who don’t walk-the-green-talk at the office. Almost 40% of U.S. respondents said their number-one office environmental pet peeve was mindless printing resulting in abandoned pages at the printer, followed closely by leaving the lights on in unused offices (37%).
The Full List
The top ten environmental pet peeves among U.S. office workers:
- Mindless printing resulting in increased waste (40%)
- Leaving lights on (37%)
- Lack of recycling bins (33%)
- Excessive air conditioning in summer and heat in winter (29%)
- Excessive use of paper products, like cups, plates, etc. (27%)
- Coworkers not recycling (27%)
- Coworkers not printing double-sided when they can (24%)
- Too many cover sheets when faxing or printing (24%)
- Having to store paper copies of existing electronic files (24%)
- Leaving computer on and not powering down when going home (23%)
For smarter ways to “green” an office of any size, visit www.xerox.com/environment.